Protect Your Income

What would happen if you were unable to work?

Have you thought about what would happen to you and your family if you were unable to work from an accident or illness?

Many people believe that if they should lose the ability to work by falling ill or having an accident, the state would step in or their employer will continue to pay them. Employers are only legally required to cover sick payments as part of the statutory requirements for 28 weeks and many employers may only offer full salary cover for limited time.

The rules governing sickness benefit claims have recently changed dramatically. The maximum state sick pay is currently £86.70 a week which is the equivalent to just over £4,500 a year. Would this be enough to cover all your current out-goings and commitments? How would this affect your lifestyle? If you have a family, could you cope on a significantly reduced income?

Around 35% of households with two children have no savings to fall back on should one of them lose their income*.

Loss of income, whether as a result of illness or an accident can be devastating. Income protection gives you the peace of mind that your monthly out-goings and your lifestyle are protected by paying a regular tax-free benefit in the event of illness or injury.

There are a number of income protection products available to suit anyone, all with benefits that could ease the pressure and offer support if the worst happens. We take the time to ensure we find the best cover for you.  Why not speak to us today to ensure that you are not only fully covered but also that you are fully covered for the best possible price!


Please note that you should never cancel an existing policy prior to taking out a new one without fully investigating the generic and individual elements that are covered.

* http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/frs/2010_11/frs_2010_11_report.pdf