Mortgage advice for British expats
Yes, British non-UK residents (British expats) can secure mortgages on residential and commercial property in the UK. There is an abundance of lenders willing to lend. Finance can be secured on property that you or your family will use as a base in the UK or on property that you will rent out. Our minimum loan size for British expats is £300,000.
But getting a mortgage can be hard work…
Obtaining a mortgage in the UK when you are resident in the UK is hard enough. Mortgage lenders want to know everything about you these days, your age, your marital status, are you male or female (how is that relevant?), your income, your outgoings, do you own other property and so the list goes on.
And then there’s the paperwork needed to get mortgage, 3 months bank statements, payslips, proof of deposit, ID and several bills showing where you live. It is no wonder that mortgage brokers are in demand because getting a mortgage can be hard work and we haven’t even started looking at how to find the best deal for your situation!
Now add to the above the fact you are a non-UK resident expat living in a country thousands of miles away with no real way of meeting with a local mortgage broker and the task becomes so much harder.
And that is where Fox Davidson come in. We have been working with British expats to secure mortgages on UK property since 2005. That’s 15 years of working with British expats to secure finance on property across the UK. At one stage some of us were British expats ourselves and we know just how trying it can be to get the finance in place whilst frustratingly waiting on updates from a representative at a bank in the UK.
When we set up Fox Davidson we decided we would focus our efforts in helping clients resident abroad to secure finance on UK property. The team have dedicated a lot of time into producing a service that that is second to none in securing mortgages for non-resident British nationals wishing to finance property in the UK.
The Fox Davidson solution for British expats!
We looked the biggest challenges expats face and we believe they are:
- Inability to meet with the banks or a broker in person
- Getting documentation back to the UK
- Receiving regular updates
- Having all parties to the transaction working from the same page and for the same result
- Knowing that you are getting the best terms for your situation and are not being ripped off by the bank or the broker
And so, we came up with a solution that works something like this:
- Negate the need for our clients to be in the UK – All communication with Fox Davidson can be via email, by phone or by video call. We will even meet you in person anywhere in the UK (yes, we are willing to travel).
- Work with lenders that will accept online payslips, online bank statements and ID certified by someone in your country and the couriered to the UK.
- Set up a team that specialise in mortgages for non-UK resident clients. Allocate one dedicated broker and one dedicated administrator both of which will update the client on a regular basis with personal email addresses and direct contact phone numbers.
- Offer our clients links to solicitors and surveyors and property professionals such as property finders that we know will compliment the work we do and will openly communicate with us and the client to ensure completion of the loan as quickly as possible.
- Remain independent giving us access to the whole of the expat mortgage market.
The result is that we honestly believe that our service for British expats wishing to finance residential and commercial property in the UK is the best there is. It all starts with your call or email to our head office in Bristol where a happy team of property professionals are waiting for your enquiry and to tell you all about how we can help you get the finance you need.
Use the links to our non-resident/expat page to find out more about the rates, the fees, the process and all the options available to you. If you prefer, send us an email or call one of the brokers now to have a chat about your property finance requirements.
We look forward to working with you!