Award-Winning Advice For Your Buildings And Contents Insurance

Protecting your home and its contents should be a priority for any homeowner or tenant. We work with leading UK Home Insurance providers to bring our clients a comprehensive Buildings and Contents offering. The home insurance policies we recommend are underwritten by leading insurers such as RSA, Aviva, Ageas and L&G.

Using an insurance broker will ensure you get comprehensive buildings and/or contents insurance.

Buildings Cover – Typical terms

Open Close
  • Automatic £400,000 buildings cover as standard, can be increased if required.
  • Annual or monthly premiums
  • Up to £5,000 cover for tracing and accessing water or oil leaks from pipes, tanks and fixed heating systems
  • 12 month guarantee on all repairs carried out by approved tradesman
  • 24 Hour Helpline for emergency assistance
  • Subsidence cover
  • Alternative accommodation cover

Contents Cover – Typical Terms

Open Close
  • Automatic £50,000 contents cover as standard, cam be increased if required
  • Annual or monthly premiums
  • Student Belongings up to £5,000
  • Up to £15,000 to cover valuables such as jewellery, computer equipment and money
  • Pedal Cycles up to £500
  • freezer cover for all food in the freezer
  • Visitor effects – Having some one round to visit? – Their possessions are covered too! Up to £1,000.

The above terms are for a standard policy through one of our insurers, Paymentshield. Where the standard policy does not fit a clients needs we can offer bespoke terms.


Policy Extras

Open Close

Personal Possessions Cover – Thiscovers clothing, baggage and personal items carried around by a client.  The items are covered against loss or accidental damage inside or outside of your home. If you had your camera stolen whilst in Barcelona then you could claim on the home insurance policy under personal possessions, there would be a standard excess of £100.  Another example might be if you accidentally dropped your iphone off of the Eiffel tower then the policy would cover a replacement (old for new) under the personal possessions property insurance.

Legal expenses Cover
To pursue or defend your rights including employment disputes, injury claims to your person or contract disputes with the sale and purchase of a service or product.

Speak to one of our Home Insurance advisors about more of the things you can protect with our comprehensive Property Insurance.

Landlords Insurance
We understand landlords needs and therefore recommend a policy that is reliable and in the event of a claim you can expect 24/7 support. Each policy can be tailored to suit your changing needs.



Landlord Buy to Let Insurance – A typical policy

Open Close
  • £400,000 buildings insurance cover as standard & £10,000 contents for unfurnished property or £40,000 if furnished
  • 15% of building sum insured to cover loss of rent or alternative accommodation for your tenants
  • Cover for up to 90 days between tenancies – Great if you are refurbishing a property
  • Cover for all types of tenants – Students, HMO’s and DSS
  • £2,500 for tracing and accessing water or oil leaks from pipes, radiators and tanks
  • Up to 10 properties on our standard policy
  • 24 Hour helpline
  • £1,000 locks replacement

Fox Davidson arrange all types of buy to let mortgages including; HMO’s, Multiple-units under one freehold, Ltd company buy to lets and property portfolio finance.